Monday, December 15, 2008

Meter Reading: Warehouse fight

Throughout most of 2006, I was a meter reader for Toledo Edison. I wanted to be the best meter reader ever! To achieve such an honor meant that I would need to be willing to sacrifice everything in order to get an accurate reading.
One day, while on my downtown route, I noticed the lights were on in an old abandoned warehouse. "No problem", I thought. I'll just use my old abandoned warehouse key. Problem. My key wasn't working to gain access. Next, I peaked through a small dusty window only to find one of Toledo's most notorious crime boss': Snowface! He was using the warehouse as his new hideout. I could see the meter up on the catwalk with a red tag (which meant the electric had been shut off) but even with my binoculars I couldn't get a clear reading. I knew they were stealing electricity but I needed proof. It was then that it struck me, "This looks like a job for the Best Meter Reader Ever!"
I used a nearby chain, along with a homeless man's sock to create a grappling hook. Then, I climbed a fire escape on a building across from the warehouse. I tossed the grappling hook onto the roof of the warehouse and it worked! I swung heroically from building to building and the homeless man below gave me a thumbs up.
Once inside, Snowface ordered his goons to attack me. Nothing was going to stand between me and an accurate reading! Snowface's days of illegal power were numbered!

2 comments:

Merrill Rainey said...

xxxxing awesome man!!!!!! Snow face it

Scoot said...

thanks man! you love snow!